VMCORE NOT FOUND

Ashwin Chandra ashcs at ucla.edu
Sat Feb 12 12:09:37 PST 2005

I actually changed dumpdir to /usr/crash since /var did not have enough
space to accomodate 512 MB.  But /usr has 60gigs. When the kernel panics it
just crashes, I never get a message saying "dumping...". Savecore upon
reboot says no dumps found. So i believe the problem is that the system is
just crashing before it has a chance to dump? I've tried doing a DDB
backtrace upon a panic. And at the prompt, when i type in panic, the system
just spits out the uptime minutes, and then dies...no info that something
was dumped.

Ash