i86 install images

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sun Feb 6 12:18:28 PST 2005

I need someone to verify for me, the disc1 image on the main
(ftp.freebsd.org) website image, I have downloaded it 3 times now, and it
keeps on reporting to me, when I try to burn it, that it's the miniinst
image.  I'm capable of missing something obvious, so I am asking someone
(anyone) else to check this, please.

One item that always irks me, what's the actual name of the disk images.
There is a reticence to answer this on the website, cause they're trying
to make one answer do correct duty for all the arches, but what they've
accomplished is managing to completely miss the mark, to leave out the
main data of what's the correct actual names of the images to download.
They keep on referring to "the install disks", so I can't figure out what
the miniinst is, or the bootonly.  I have a small universe to choose from,
yes, but it should be size zero.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).