RFC: backporting GEOM to the 4.x branch

ALeine aleine at austrosearch.net
Thu Feb 3 14:04:10 PST 2005

I would hereby like to politely request your comments on backporting
GEOM to the 4.x branch. I personally would like to see GEOM backported
to the 4.x branch and I would appreciate it if all the developers
(especially Mr. Poul-Henning Kamp) who are familiar with the inner
workings of GEOM could comment on that idea, especially in terms of
giving me a rough overview of what would need to be done and pointing
me in the right direction so I could get started with backporting
GEOM myself. I should mention that I am an experienced programmer, but
my kernel programming experience is limited, I've only done some minor
work on a couple of kernel modules.

I do understand that this would be quite an undertaking, so I would
also like to hear from others who would be willing to work on
backporting GEOM to the 4.x branch and having the port integrated
into DragonFly BSD.

Thank you,
ALeine