Deadlock FreeBSD 6 / 7

Armin Pirkovitsch a.pirko at inode.at
Sat Dec 31 09:34:48 PST 2005

Hi!

  I have some troubles with my notebook and any version of FreeBSD
(starting with 6 since my sata controller wasn't supported earlier).
It looks like as it would end up in a deadlock which means i have no
access to the debugger nor to any other kind of tracing methods.
Even with KTR, WITTNESS and DIAGNOSTIC enabled in the kerenl I get no
message what went wrong or what might have caused the trouble.
These fullstops always turn up when i compile and install programs (or
sometimes during the installation of FreeBSD itself)
Hardware:
Intel Pentium-M 760 (Centrino, 2GHz)
VIA VT 6421 SATA Controller
80GB Samsung SATA HD

I guess one of those parts creates the trouble, but I have no idea how
to trace it...
Is there a way to run the whole thing in some kind of debugger?
Or is there a diffrent way to locate the problem?

Thank's in advance and a Happy New Year,
--
Armin Pirkovitsch
a.pirko at inode.at