Weird PCI interrupt delivery problem

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Sat Dec 3 21:35:48 GMT 2005

On Friday 02 December 2005 07:51 pm, Craig Boston wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 08:17:53AM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> Yes, however the first time I only tried tunables for LNKA, B, and C
> (was typing them by hand).  Later I tried with loader.conf and set all
> 8.  Another odd thing is that the dmesg lines for the LNK objects still
> report irq 11, though the devices themselves do attach to 10.

That's becuase the dmesg prints out what their current setting was before the
pci_link driver attached to them.  It's basically what the BIOS set them up
as.

> > hw.pci9.1.INTA.irq=11
> > Also, try this hint with ACPI without APIC.  It looks like your BIOS
> > doesn't include entries for the PCI9 bus in the PIC version of the _PRT
> > (see no PRT messages in ACPI dmesg) so cbb0 doesn't get an IRQ there
> > either.
>
> The hint "works" with ACPI, in that cbb0 attaches.  However by the time
> I'm able to insert a card, irq 11 has already died so nothing happens.

Grrr.  I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point.  At least you have it
working in -ACPI -APIC mode. :-/

--
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =  http://www.FreeBSD.org