ip6.int deprecated

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 31 02:09:38 GMT 2005

Hi,

dougb> The one step I'm going to take directly to support this deprecation is to
dougb> remove the ip6.int example from the sample named.conf file in the base. I'm
dougb> sending this message to provide notice of that, and notice to the community
dougb> generally that we should start moving in the direction of deprecating
dougb> ip6.int wherever it might be found.

I think it's a time to nuke RFC 1886 example from our named.conf.

dougb> Other than some old references in src/contrib/bind9, the only place I see a
dougb> reference to ip6.int in our base is in the named.conf file that I mentioned
dougb> above. I hope that this note is useful however as a more general source of
dougb> information, and of course if there is anything I've missed, I welcome
dougb> others to take appropriate action.

Yes, there were ip6.int. lookups in our libc.  But, I nuked them
already about one year ago.
I left named.conf as is intentionally at the time to help the boxes
which don't support RFC 3152.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/