ntpd and cmos clock update

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Tue Aug 30 06:59:44 GMT 2005

Warner Losh wrote this message on Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 17:01 -0600:
> In message: <b7052e1e05082905206b1f0f31 at mail.gmail.com>
>             Dmitry Mityugov <dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com> writes:
> : That's why I always thought that ntpd did not work in FreeBSD 5.x!
>
> ntpd works perfectly on FreebSD 5.x

I think he refers to the fact that after a reboot, the time has to be
adjusted by n seconds, so obviously the time that FreeBSD thought it
was just before the reboot was just as far off...  hence ntpd wasn't
working...

but since we don't set the TOD chip upon reboot, all the work that
ntpd did over the previous reboot is lost...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579