PUC driver addition Sealevel cPCI 7203 possible

Maarten maarfree at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 29 10:13:55 GMT 2005

Hi,

Intro

My company is currently using Linux as a platform for our own control
software platform (all in c). We often have clashes between kernel and the
rest in the sense of timings, priority handling etc. I feel Linux is not
an OS but a kernel plus the rest which hampers us (too) often. My personal
experience with FreeBSD is better, a nicely integrated platform being more
complete and better documented.
I am not a deep inside programmer, only an engineer that uses the packages
provided, fixes minor application issues an goes in the field. I would
like to convince my colleagues to consider FreeBSD. Good part is the
software is rather easily ported, bad part is I am missing crucial support
for a type of serial port card.

Question

Who can help me to add the correct entries - if possible- to
src/sys/dev/puc/pucdata.c (as I understand from the sources) for this
card:
http://www.sealevel.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=497&PCI%5FRS%2D232%5FRS%2D422%5FRS%2D485%5FIsolated%5FSerial%5FInterface%5F
The sealevel model no. 7203 that utilizes 16C850 UART.
Our systems use 4 of these boards on a cPCI bus.

Thank you,

Maarten