Project BSDVISION Wants To Develop Native *BSD Console Desktop

Kamal R. Prasad kamalpr at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 08:39:22 GMT 2005

> It will be running on a virtual console in text or
> graphics mode like
> TurboVision used to, but we are focusing on text
> mode for now. As I just
> wrote to someone else, the main idea is to enable
> BSD programs to have a
> nice console (textual and graphical) interface with
> and without any windows
> system. So I could have a standalone program that

Thst would be great to have and extend to a
full-fledged GUI interface as X is overkill for lots
of people. BTW -does it use drivers for graphics
accelerator cards?

thanks
-kamal

> looks like an X program
> for example but runs on a virtual console without X.
> Or I could have the
> program run in a desktop environment with other
> programs without changing a
> single line of code or recompiling the program.
>
> Cheers

Kamal R. Prasad
UNIX systems consultant
http://www.kamalprasad.com/
kamalp at acm.org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.