Project BSDVISION Wants To Develop Native *BSD Console Desktop

Mike Adewole mike at voicenette.com
Sat Aug 20 10:10:16 GMT 2005

For many people who spend a lot of time on the *BSD console and would love
to have a desktop environment comparable to KDE/GNOME, I'm starting a
project called BSDVISION to develop such an environment. Please don't ask if
such an environment is really needed or not; the important thing is that
some people like me need it badly enough to want to develop it.

As a matter of fact, it has been in development for some time now and I
think it's getting to the point where it makes sense to ask for community
involvement. But I'm not looking for developers because development will
continue to be done by myself with the assistance of paid contractors. What
I'm looking for is people to maintain a community infrastructure (web site,
mailing list, online forum, webcvs/svn, etc) which a community project like
this needs in order to appeal to as many people as possible.

So if you love the BSD console and would like to see it sport a complete
desktop environment, the bsdvision project can really use your support. And
since this project developed from an attempt to do a cleanroom
implementation of libh, we'll be using the old libh mailing list until we
have another one. Come help us make *BSD a truly complete platform with the
best console desktop environment in the universe :-)

Cheers