Broken floppy disk driver

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Aug 19 14:27:16 GMT 2005

On Friday 19 August 2005 14:26, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> [ this topic should live on -current@ ]
>
> > I'm just wondering. Things used to work on my old 200MHz pentium, but
> > recent changes made to FreeBSD-6/7 current break things. This is what
> > dmesg shows:
>
> I understand that trying multiple kernels on such a system is not an
> option, unless - and I hope so - you are cross-compiling.

Yes, I am using a FreeBSD 7 kernel on a 5.3 system, but that has nothing to do
with it. Maybe I should specify, that this device, afd0, is a 250MB ZIP
drive. Last time I can remember that it worked, was in March 2005 ?

> What do you mean with "recent changes" ?  At best, could you point out
> the guilty commit ?  If you are indeed cross-compiling, then try
> various kernel sources between the last known working date and HEAD.
>
> If you wonder how to do this, this is pretty simple if you are using
> cvs to get your sources :
>
>     cvs up -D 2005.08.19.14.23.37 -dP

I cannot do this right now, but maybe later.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ata/atapi-fd.c

Looking at the logs it must be that "much rumoured ATA mkIII update". Maybe
"sos" can explain or give some hints on how to fix this?

--HPS