PXE Boot FreeBSD with Etherboot

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Sat Aug 13 16:17:49 GMT 2005

Norbert Koch wrote:

>>combination with

Last time I looked, etherboot didn't support PXE.
In any case, it cannot support PXE unless it's running from ROM.
Remember that PXE is a ROM BIOS specification; pxe loader
programs (such as pxeboot) make PXE calls to the ROM BIOS
for network operations.

You can probably boot a FreeBSD kernel through etherboot,
but you want to load the kernel directly; don't use pxeboot.

Tim