Realtek RTL8100S on FreeBSD 5.4: no carrier.

Jordan Snodgrass jordan at bit-box.com
Wed Aug 10 15:42:47 GMT 2005

I did some more research, it appears that the Abit AA8-DuraMax actually
uses the RealTek RTL8100S chipset, not the 8169.

The hardware compatibility list for 5.4 shows support for the 8110S
chipset, but not my specific motherboard.  Perhaps it is a new chip
revision?

I tried the patch by Dag-Erling Smørgrav from a similar thread (
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2005-March/011022.html
) but no luck.

-j