Bluetooth GPS for timekeeping?

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Tue Aug 9 19:40:31 GMT 2005

>> The latter is the way it already works.  Just configure other peers
>> in your ntp.conf along with your GPS, viz:

Maksim> you can teach ntp to talk to bluetooth gps. all you need to do
Maksim> is to write a new clock driver. or you could write a simple
Maksim> proxy that would get the data from bluetooth gps and make it
Maksim> available at pty(4) or nmdm(4). then you could use standard
Maksim> serial nmea gps ntp driver (assuming that bluetooth gps uses
Maksim> nmea messages).

Well... I believe the bluetooth stack (or the tools available) already
provide a bluetooth to pty serial emulation.

Dave.