Kernel code of reseting/ignoring tcp SYN packets

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Sat Aug 6 19:37:46 GMT 2005

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Minh Tran wrote:

> Would anyone have some hints on the clean way of injecting some code to deal with SYN packets
> or could you give me some ideas on which files i should look at? I really appreciate that.
> I saw some promising files in src/sys/netinet but they are not all clear in my mind.
>
> Thanks heaps!

I don't have any idea what you are asking, so I can't answer your
question.

Before proceeding, it would probably be worth your while to find a copy of
Stevens's TCP/IP Illustrated Volume 2 and at least skim it so that you
have a better idea of how the connection establishment process works.  The
book describes an earlier version of the BSD TCP/IP stack, but much still
applies.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack