[patch] rc.d cleanup

diz at linuxpowered.com diz at linuxpowered.com
Tue Aug 2 02:54:07 GMT 2005

> diz at linuxpowered.com wrote:
>
>>>Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>>

> [...]
>
>>>Thirded.  I far prefer the bigger C-like if statements and think this
>>>patch is a huge code churn for what is basically code obfuscation.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>Maxime
>>>

>>Well I certainly respect the opinions, but respectfully when has the use
>>of && and || become obfuscation?
>>

> I work on  alot of shell code and I prefer the "spelled out the long way"
> approach.
>
> i.e. I prefer
>
> if [blah]
> then
>    if [blah2]
>    then
>       etc....
>
> it's just easier to get it right in my opinion.
> remember, when the rare 100 sets of fingers in teh picture then
> you have to code toteh "bloody obvios" standard because sometimes people
> have to change scripts to handle some external change, and thay may or
> may not]
> be shell syntax experts.
>

> there si a lot that needs cleanup..
Like what? I'm receptive to any suggestions for area's of shell code that
need attention.

> I thonk this is nto one of them..
> I do apreciate however the thought and time you have spent.
Thanks, but actually I was just bored durring a long portupgrade.
Next time I won't bother with such "code-chuning" muse of boredom, but
like I said, I'm eager to participate somehow, so perhaps next time I will
send up much smaller more digestable enhancements. =)