[patch] rc.d cleanup

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Mon Aug 1 21:49:24 GMT 2005

diz at linuxpowered.com wrote:

>>Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

[...]

>>Thirded.  I far prefer the bigger C-like if statements and think this
>>patch is a huge code churn for what is basically code obfuscation.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Maxime
>>

>Well I certainly respect the opinions, but respectfully when has the use
>of && and || become obfuscation?

I work on  alot of shell code and I prefer the "spelled out the long way"
approach.

i.e. I prefer

if [blah]
then
   if [blah2]
   then
      etc....

it's just easier to get it right in my opinion.
remember, when the rare 100 sets of fingers in teh picture then
you have to code toteh "bloody obvios" standard because sometimes people
have to change scripts to handle some external change, and thay may or
may not]
be shell syntax experts.

there si a lot that needs cleanup..
I thonk this is nto one of them..
I do apreciate however the thought and time you have spent.

julian