region code in cdrecord

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue Apr 26 21:53:18 PDT 2005

Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:02, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
>>and growisofs instead.  The both have large man pages, but nothing in
>>them regarding the setting of region codes.
>

> Not at all suprising given that the ISO metdata (ie what mkisofs makes)
> doesn't contain the region information..

Actually, I was surprised to find that mosrt of it is done in growisofs,
which was just sitting there open in the editor when it came time to
code the function, apparently.  It doesn't make all that mush sense, but
growisofs is what k3b uses to copy dvd's.

That's all that'd doing the reading. of the vob'ds. bups, and ifo's.  I
have begun looing about for info on the file format of those things,
that seems to be where the action is.  Even though it IS writen by
growisofs onto the dvd.