imminent disk failure ?

Ed Stover estover at nativenerds.com
Sun Apr 24 04:51:32 PDT 2005

Forgive my top post <very lazy>
SMART tools are in ports
/usr/ports/sysutils/smartmontools

I would also try going into single user mode and running fsck on the
drive. If that presents unrepairable errors then try low level tools
from your drive's manufacturer. I have brought many of drives back long
enough to retrieve the data off of them. I don't recommend using the
drives for any more then target practice after that. <I have been burned
too many times> lol