5.4-RC2 keyboard problem on Dell PowerEdge 2850

Sławek Żak slawek.zak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 01:09:11 PDT 2005

On 4/20/05, Eric Anderson <anderson at centtech.com> wrote:
> > Erm. When I say keyboard doesn't work I *mean* it doesn't work at all.
> > The only key which works on the box is BRS, which doesn't give me
> > sufficient interaction with the system. I've skipped morse code
> > lessons and boy scouting in my life altogether.
>
> Did you get this solved?  I have some Dell 2850's I might be able to test this on.

Had not time to test it. I'm running serial console on these toys now.
No problem here.

BTW Beware of the shitty virtual CD/Floppy drives on the server. There
is no way to turn them off from BIOS. Had no luck with hints either.
5.3 fails to boot on them so don't even try it. 5.4 spits out some
warning messages during boot about them but then runs fine. Don't know
about CURRENT.

/S
--
Sławek Żak / UNIX Systems Administrator