ABV.BG автоматичен отговор

c0ldbyte c0ldbyte at myrealbox.com
Wed Apr 20 06:13:37 PDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 neuro at mail.fci.fsu.edu wrote:

> i'm not sure i understnad that language ?
> if you tell me which one it is I could use googles convertor
>
> --neuro
>
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 freebsd-hackers at freebsd.org wrote:
>
>> blagodarq za izpratenoto ot Vas pismo nai skoro shte vi otgovorq!!

This guy/gal we will call "The so-called idiot" has subscribed to the
mailing list and turned his autoreply for his webmail on. So every
time there is a posting to a certain list his email address autogens
a response and sends it back out to the original sender of the mail.
This is in turn something that mailing list software should protect
against otherwise we could have a nice flood of webmail autoreply
DoS's. I have added a procmail recipe to my $HOME/.procmailrc to
delete these emailings along with other unwanted stuff from idiots
like this one allready just to solve the problem until someone
comes up with a great idea to add a "repeat mailing filter" (hint)
to the mailing lists. Following is a procmailrc example for removing
email from hosts that you dont want.

# ---- Begin $HOME/.procmailrc ----

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=/var/mail/$LOGNAME
LOGFILE=$HOME/log/procmail.log		# Comment this out for no logs
MAIL_ALLOW=$HOME/.procmail/mail.allow	# List of allowed host patterns
MAIL_DENY=$HOME/.procmail/mail.deny	# List of denied host patterns

:0:
* ? formail -x"From" -x"From:" -x"Sender:" \
     -x"Reply-To:" -x"Return-Path:" -x"Received:" \
     | egrep -is -f $MAIL_DENY
DROPBOX

:0:
* ? formail -x"From" -x"From:" -x"Sender:" \
     -x"Reply-To:" -x"Return-Path:" -x"Received:" \
     | egrep -is -f $MAIL_ALLOW
${DEFAULT}

# ---- End of $HOME/.procmailrc ----

Now just setup a couple of things. Make sure you have procmail
installed. Create the $HOME/.procmailrc with the contents above.
mkdir $HOME/log for log files. mkdir $HOME/.procmail for keeping
the mail.allow and mail.deny filter files. Make sure to at least
touch $HOME/.procmail/mail.allow & $HOME/.procmail/mail.deny.
All done and set, you can start adding your host patterns to
mail.deny or mail.allow in the form of any of the following.
user at host.net, user at host, host.net, .host.net, @host.net,
hostname.host.net. I would reccomend adding just single words
to the deny file just for the reason of it will match if the
word shows up anywhere in the fields that it greps and return
true and ultimately dumping your mail to a DROPBOX. You can
also change the DROPBOX part to a absolute path like "/dev/null"
as well.

Now just add the following to your $HOME/.forward file
and youll have some easy filters setup for your control.

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -Yf- || exit 75 #USERNAME"

^^^ including the double quotes ^^^

Best of luck.
 	--c0ldbyte

- --
( When in doubt, use brute force. -- Ken Thompson 1998 )