Making multiple jails

albi at scii.nl albi at scii.nl
Mon Apr 18 06:15:24 PDT 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:58:54 -0400 (EDT)
c0ldbyte <c0ldbyte at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> I believe he is asking if it is possible to create them at the same
> time not really run them at the same time. But that is good
> information for him to know as well anyhow. But the only way to go
> about that is to do the (make world DESTDIR=/path/to/jail#) for each
> jail that you need. Now after the first initial build of world, if you
> didnt do a (make clean) then you should beable to just (make
> installworld DESTDIR=/path/to/jail#) and the new jail will apear there
> with the specified parameters that you fed DESTDIR.

the only way ? i thought UNIX-alikes were known for having always more
than one way ;-)

another option is to use cpdup to duplicate a fresh jail

also quite interesting imho is this :

http://www.the-labs.com/FreeBSD/JailTools/fbsd_jails.html

this webmin-module offers "light-jails", read-only /usr mount, and
also jails installed in a single file

if you have that file you can easily reproduce new jails with a simple
cp-command