ext2 drives under 5.3 not umounting on reboots

c0ldbyte c0ldbyte at myrealbox.com
Mon Apr 18 04:32:40 PDT 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Andriy Tkachuk wrote:

> I've had the same problem on 5.3.
> now on my FreeBSD 5.4-RC2 #0: Fri Apr 15 11:28:48 EEST 2005 i386
> it seems that problem gone.

I would advise once more changing the "Dump" & "Pass#" number fields
to "0" for both as I showed on the line below, you would have found
out that was causing if any most of your problem with your filesystems
being mounted/unmounted properly.

--
( When in doubt, use brute force. -- Ken Thompson 1998 )