Probing Devices

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Mon Apr 11 06:09:39 PDT 2005

Srinivasa R Yarrakonda wrote:

> while)". The sysinstall menu shows up but my keyboard
> doesn't work with this menu. I think it hangs.
> Whats wrong..any suggestions/advice is helpful..

FWIW, the same thing happens to me sometimes when running under emulator
such as vmware & qemu. Not only with the sysinstall/installation CD but
with installed, live systems. I don't know what the problem is, but it
usually goes away after reboot.

While ranting on this, I'll add that sometimes when I boot my laptop
(completly unrelated system, not the host for virtual machines), it
doesn't recognize the touchpad (usually found & working as /dev/psm)...
This problem also goes away on reboot.

Both problems are found on 5.3-R or 5-STABLE.