Tricky USB device.

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Sat Apr 9 14:48:51 PDT 2005

>>>>> "Bernd" == Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely12.cicely.de> writes:

Bernd> Then the device is still working and just has nothing to send.
Bernd> Would be helpfull to know something about the protocol used on
Bernd> the endpoints.

It's pretty simple.  I'm sending (right now) MK255 and MK0 with 1
second sleeps in between.  The device has 8 relays and I should be
triggering them on and off (The MK command doesn't have output --- so
I'm not looking for it).  Here's a snippet from the manual:

The relays may be SET ( ON ) or RESET ( OFF ) individually or as an 8 bit port. The relay commands
include;

SKn SETS ( ON ) relay specified by n ( n = 0-7 )
# of Bytes 3
Response NONE
Example; SK2 ;closes contact K2

RKn RESETS ( OFF ) relay specified by n ( n= 0 - 7 )
# of Bytes 3
Response NONE
Example; RK1 ;opens contact K1

MKddd Sets PORTK to decimal value ddd ( ddd= 0 to 255 ) ( K7-MSB, K0 = LSB )
# of Bytes 3 , 4 or 5
Response NONE
Example; MK128 ;SETS K7, RESETS K0 - K6.

RPKn Returns status of relay specified by n ( n= 0 - 7 )
# of Bytes 4
Response 1 byte ( 0 or 1 )
Example; RPK2 ;Relay K2 is closed.
1 ( response)

PK Returns status of PORT K in decimal format.
# of Bytes 2
Response 3 bytes ( 000 to 255 in decimal )
Example; PK ;K0 -K3 are SET ( ON ), K4-K7 are RESET ( OFF ).
015 ( response)

Dave.