Call for FreeBSD status reports

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Fri Apr 8 13:07:30 PDT 2005

All,

It's time again for some recapitulation of your FreeBSD activities of the last
months.  In order to not collided with the preparation of the 5.4 release we
extended the cycle from bi-monthly to three months, so this one is open for
anything that happend in 2005 until now.  Submissions are due by April 15 to
monthly at freebsd.org

As always, reports about every FreeBSD related activity of the past months and
coming weeks are welcome.  In the past there was some focus on technical
issues.  In order to turn this into a more complete PR-vehicle, we highly
encourage and welcome reports on non-technical matters as well.

If you are yet unfamiliar with the status-reports, please take a look at the
past reports: http://www.FreeBSD.org/news/status/

To support you in the process of fitting your report into the xml-template
(available from: http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-sample.xml for
those who still prefer a plain old text editor) Julian Elischer came up with
the idea and prototype to have a web based form.  Many thanks for that work.
The cgi-script is being reviewed on freebsd-www now and will be linked to
from http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/ shortly.

The new features from last time (categories and task-list) will be available,
again.  As a reminder the available categories are listed bellow.  Please
feel free to suggest additional entries:

proj   - Projects (non-specific)
docs   - Documentation
kern   - Kernel
arch   - Architectures
ports  - Ports
vendor - Vendor / 3rd party software
misc   - Miscellaneous

Submissions are due on April 15.  Thanks a lot, and we are hoping for a big
turn-out.

--
	Max