Tricky USB device.

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net
Fri Apr 8 09:49:02 PDT 2005

David,

> I've got an "OnTrak" ADU208.  It's a USB device that has 8 relays and
> 8 ttl inputs.  The documentation says it uses two interupt endpoints
> ... one input and one output.  It seems to expect small text commands.

ok

> Now... firstly, uhid is probing it as uhid0:
>
> uhid0: www.ontrak.net ADU208 USB Relay I/O Interface, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 4, iclass 3/0
>
> ... I don't know if this is hindering me.  The usbhid* commands aren't
> particularly helpful.  The port udesc_dump seems only to work on ugen
> devices ... and ugen doesn't pop up for this device.

how about getting usb hid descriptor, parsing and dumping it? check out
libusbhid - man usbhid(3). it might be that all you need to do is to
create hid report and send it to the device. libusbhid(3) will help you
with that.

> I suppose I need to know how to supress uhid ... or to make ugen show
> up.  It would also be nice to know how to generically poke the
> interupt enpoints...

well comment out 'device uhid' from your kernel config and rebuilding
the kernel should do the trick.

max