My experience with cpufreq in -STABLE

Bruno Ducrot ducrot at poupinou.org
Thu Apr 7 06:03:41 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 10:49:25AM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> The algorithm used by the acpi_ppc module semed quite good to me when I used
> it (before the frequency stuff was committed).
> http://www.spa.is.uec.ac.jp/~nfukuda/software/index.html

I saw it.  I have some concern about the linear behaviour when going
up (don't mind, I'm never happy ;).  We'll miss the case where
there are bursts.  There were some heuristics such as the
excess_cycle trick that may help if we consider this algorithm.
(search ReducedEnergyScheduling.ps in your favorite search engine).

Cheers,

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.