which Wifi cards can be used for a WAP?

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Sat Apr 2 09:16:36 PST 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 11:28:42AM -0500, Brian Reichert wrote:
> 	I guess everything listed here, with a URL to an up-to-date list:
>
> 	 <http://customerproducts.atheros.com/customerproducts>

In perusing many of these cards specs, I see many of them offer a
'turbo mode' of 108 Mbps.

- Is this something magically supported by the hardware?  By that,
  I mean: if I use a compatible WiFi card in a laptop, they'll just
  negotiate the higher rate, and as such the kernel driver has no
  impact?

- I'm seeing 'turbo 802.11g' vs. 'Super G'.  I haven't found any
  thing that tells me if these are synonyms, or if they are
  incompatable unofficial extansions of a spec.  Does anyone here
  know?

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842