Error 1802: IBM T41 doesn't like other network cards

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Thu Sep 23 05:44:54 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 09:57:25PM +1000, Phillip Crumpler wittered thus:
> Anyone else has similar problems? BMS@ reported ditching the Centrino
> card in his T40 but didn't mention if he replaced it with something else.

I used an official IBM Atheros part, so I didn't run into this problem.

> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0406.1/1048.html

The quickest way to do this is to use the DOS program linked to above.

Porting the CMOS code to FreeBSD is fairly trivial for someone who knows,
though, but you probably don't want to wait.

BMS