German iX magazine has released a trial 7 Meg free PDF in English.

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Tue Oct 26 16:04:48 PDT 2004

freebsd-hackers@ readers
(& bcc'd 2 local Munich lists, mecc@ & bim@),

This isnt FreeBSD specific, but may interest many.

http://www.ix.de/en/ has a trial run in English of the German IX
magazine. Theyre assesing market for a monthly PDF paid subscription
version in English of their paper printed German magazine.

Disclaimer/ Suggestion for CT mag:
   I'm just an occasional customer/ browser of IX mag (lack of
   time), & English, resident in Germany. What some of you folks
   in rest of world might really give your eye teeth for, if you
   ever knew it, & if you were ever given the opportunity, would
   be an English translation of CT mag, from the same publishers
   as iX mag. (Heise Verlag), but CT is also only in German far as
   I know. CT is not yet another PC Soft/ DOS rag, but a decent
   electronic hardware & software mag, maybe as unique & good as
   or better than Byte mag was unique & good maybe around 1978/82,
   before Byte became just another PC software mag among many (well
   apologies if Byte has improved since, but when last I looked it
   was (imported to Germany) expensive & no real interest to me.
   CT is Good, certainly better than anything I've ever found in
   trips back to England, & would be nice if English speakers had
   access to it too (though after 19 years in Germany I personaly
   read either happily in the original :-)

The chief editor of iX is quoted below writing to his authors in
German about this trial run, (but that's just for reference if you
happen to speak German, if not just download the free trial Mag in
English, (they ask you to answer a feedback questionaire after
you've read the mag.)

-
Julian Stacey.  Unix,C,Net & Sys. Eng. Consultant, Munich.  http://berklix.com
 Mail Ascii; Html deleted as Spam.  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.

------- Forwarded Message via: Benedikt Stockebrand ... From: