bootable install CD - relocate to subdir

Walter Belgers walter at belgers.com
Fri Oct 22 07:41:20 PDT 2004

Hello hackers,

I am a board member of the Dutch Unix Users Group, and we would like to
make a DVD with several free/open UNIX releases together with the Dutch
Hobby Computer Club/UNIX.

The DVD boots a program that lets the user select the OS (s)he wants to
install, and then pseudo-boots the boot image of that OS.

Problem: all the FreeBSD files need to be in /. This clashes with other
distributions on the same DVD. I would like to have everyting in
/FreeBSD or some other subdirectory instead.

Has anybody done such a thing before, or knows of someone who has?

Regards,
Walter.
--
Walter Belgers