passwordless ssh logins with shared _HOST_ keys - not working.

Joe Schmoe non_secure at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 11:26:55 PDT 2004

--- Nicolas Rachinsky <list at rachinsky.de> wrote:

> Is your ssh setuid root? Is UsePrivilegedPort set?
>
>      UsePrivilegedPort
>              Specifies whether to use a privileged
> port for outgoing connec-
>              tions.  The argument must be ``yes'' or
> ``no''.  The default is
>              ``no''.  If set to ``yes'' ssh must be
> setuid root.  Note that
>              this option must be set to ``yes'' if
> RhostsAuthentication and
>              RhostsRSAAuthentication authentications
> are needed with older
>              servers.
>
> Nicolas

No, neither.  And rightly so, since I am not using
either RhostsAuthentication or
RhostsRSAAuthentication.

The config I pasted is the _entire_ config file -
that's all there is.  I am using neither of those
options, so I shouldn't need suidroot or Privileged
port.

Is host based keys just broken in ssh on FreeBSD ?  I
wish someone would just confirm this so I can stop
wasting my time ... or deny it and tell me what I am
doing wrong - _all_ information regarding my setup is
in my original post ...

thanks.  </very frustrated>