hacking SCO....

John Von Essen john at essenz.com
Thu Oct 7 14:58:51 PDT 2004

Well, I eventually got this SCO system working. But today, some errors
appeared:

505k:unrecover error reading  SCSI disk on 0 Dev – 1/42
cha = 0 id = 0 1 on = 0
Block 6578
medium error unrecovered read  error
HTFS i/o failure occurred while  trying to upgrade 1 node 26302 on
HTFS.  Dev hd 1/42
Error log over flow block 6578  medium error unrecovered read error .

Do these sound likes hardware errors for the drive or the adaptec card
itself? The drive is brand new (well, its actually a replacement from
acer with a date code on it from 1998 so it has been sitting in a box
for awhile). However, the card is very old too. Any ideas?

-john