Probing PCI devices not detected by BIOS

João Carlos Mendes Luís jonny at jonny.eng.br
Sat Oct 2 08:03:39 PDT 2004

Hi,

     In FreeBSD 4.x, is there an option to probe PCI devices not detected by BIOS?

     My problem: I have an old ASUS P2B-DS motherboard based server, and want to
use a Realtek 8169 Gigabit LAN Card with it.  But the BIOS does not detect the
LAN card, I don't know why.  If I put the card in another computer, it is
detected perfectly.  Unless this is a hardware incompatibility problem, I would
expect FreeBSD to do a better job than the old BIOS.

     I would rather have an Intel card, but they not available around.  :-(

                                         Jonny

João Carlos Mendes Luís - Networking Engineer - jonny at jonny.eng.br