isp driver not 64 bit?

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Tue Nov 30 12:47:15 PST 2004

Wilko> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 08:05:39PM -0500, freebsd-list at dclg.ca
Wilko> wrote..
>> After a bunch of frustrating debugging, I've tenatively come to the
>> conclusion that the isp(4) driver is not 64 bit safe --- at the
>> very least insofar as the amd64 platform is concerned.

Wilko> Side note: isp(4) has been in use for years on Alpha, and I do
Wilko> not recall having seen problems like yours on it.  Mind you,
Wilko> not much FC connections I ever used on it.  The only thing
Wilko> critical for success on Alpha is loading ispfw.ko *always*.
Wilko> Matt (mjacob) has noted that multiple times, and he is
Wilko> absolutely right.

I did have device ispfw in the kernel, but this card may be new enough
not to require it --- ispfw didn't change the behaviour or spit out
any boot messages.

Dave.