A hack to rebuild port KLDs during kernel builds

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Nov 29 21:30:01 PST 2004

In message: <200411301456.19900.doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> writes:
: On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:35, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > Can't you just add modules override with absolute path name?
:
: I don't think so, because..

MODULES_OVERRIDE is different.  It can take a list of paths to
upgrade.

: On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:08, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
: > Any chance you can use the recently added PORTS_MODULES knob to do what
: > you want?
:
: Hmm.. I don't really see how that can work actually..
: If you already have the port installed it will barf unless you set
: FORCE_PKG_REGISTER.

That's just a minor bug I've not yet fixed.

: Also, it would force an upgrade of the port which isn't necessarily
: a good thing (eg I can't use the latest nvidia port because the 6113
: driver blows up on my laptop).

That's up to the user to manage :-(

Warner