A hack to rebuild port KLDs during kernel builds

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon Nov 29 15:15:39 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:08, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > Note that (obviously) the ports need to be tweaked to install the driver
> > source and build infrastructure there, but that's not too hard (to do by
> > hand for now anyway). I have the 4 I mentioned building just fine with 5
> > minutes work.
>
> Any chance you can use the recently added PORTS_MODULES knob to do what
> you want?

Hmm.. I don't really see how that can work actually..
If you already have the port installed it will barf unless you set
FORCE_PKG_REGISTER.

Also, it would force an upgrade of the port which isn't necessarily a good
thing (eg I can't use the latest nvidia port because the 6113 driver blows up
on my laptop).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum