A20/keybord/no-keyboard

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu Nov 25 00:00:58 PST 2004

(sorry if this a resend, it seems there was a problem at hub.freebsd.org)

> The console driver (sc) currently requires you to have at least one
> keyboard driver compiled in.  Since your board doesn't have a display
> adapter, you can simply remove 'device sc'.

the kbd.c was getting compiled in, and complained, but i think that's
taken care of.
I solved it by adding hint.atkbdc.0.disabled="1".

As I wrote before, 'it would be nice', if such fantom devices could
be detected at boot time, so the same fs/root/kernel could work on
'similar' platforms out-of-the-box. with the kbd, i found where it was looping,
in 'atkbdc.c: empty_both_buffers', but got lost trying to figure out how
to get out of it (specialy since there is no kbd/buffer :-).

danny