Linksys PCM200

Ketrien I. Saihr-Kenchedra ketrien at error404.nls.net
Wed Nov 17 21:48:28 GMT 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Richard Schilling wrote:

> Looks like there's a couple of versions of the card.  I have the PCM200
> Version 2, whatever that means for the chipset.  Linksys tech support
> thought it was the ADMtek chipset, but I suppose there could be a couple
> different ADMtek chipsets available ... I'm waiting to hear back from
> technical support. I've also sent in an e-mail to the people who wrote
> the Linux driver.
>
> It would be really nice to see, for each version of the card, what the
> chipset is...

Well, there are three ADMtek chipsets supported by if_dc(4); AL981, AL985,
and ADM9815. (In theory, AL983 should also be supported, but I don't recall
it being specifically listed.) ISTR some significant differences in two or
three areas between AL981 and AL985 though - I really can't sift through the
relevant code at the moment, but perhaps that's what's going on?

-Ketrien I. Saihr-Kenchedra
Mikhael says, "C5, you're beginning to sound like that guy that comes to my
door on Sunday morning, only he calls Paul Graham 'jesus'.