EHCI Kernel Panic w/ 5.2.1-RELEASE Kernel

Martes Wigglesworth martes.wigglesworth at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 1 07:10:02 PST 2004

My kernel panic seems to come from the usb port actually having a device
in the port, at boot.  When I do not have a device in the port, bootup
continues, however, my usb ports are not usable.  This is my dmesg
output.

> dmesg|grep usb
usb0: <Intel 82801DB (ICH4) USB controller USB-A> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
usb1: <Intel 82801DB (ICH4) USB controller USB-B> on uhci1
usb1: USB revision 1.0
usb2: <Intel 82801DB (ICH4) USB controller USB-C> on uhci2
usb2: USB revision 1.0
ehci_pci_attach: companion usb0
ehci_pci_attach: companion usb1
ehci_pci_attach: companion usb2
usb3: EHCI version 1.0
usb3: companion controllers, 2 ports each: usb0 usb1 usb2
usb3: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci0
usb3: USB revision 2.0
usb3: unrecoverable error, controller halted
usb3: blocking intrs 0x10
usb3: port reset timeout

Any ideas?  I am not getting mail from the questions forum, yet, so I
just thought that I would post here, just in case someone has a solution
--
Respectfully,

M.G.W.

System:
Asus M6N
Intel Dothan 1.7
512MB RAM
40GB HD
10/100/1000 NIC
Wireless b/g (not working yet)
BSD-5.2.1
GCC-3.3.5/3.3.3(until I replace indigenous gcc)
IFORT-for linux(Intell Fortran)
gfortran
python-2.3
Perl-5.6.1/5.8.5