uaudio patch for accepts only fixed sampling rate

Mathew Kanner mat at cnd.mcgill.ca
Mon May 31 10:20:45 PDT 2004

On May 30, takawata at jp.freebsd.org wrote:
> Hi, I bought a USB speaker that accepts
> 48khz audio bitrate only. And current uaudio code
> try to set if device cannot accept bitrate change request.
>
> So I wrote a patch
>
> http://www.init-main.com/uaudio.diff
>
> This code is partly copy-n-paste from NetBSD specific
> part now. With this code, upper layer can see it is
> not acceptable and invoke format converter.

	Hey,
	I'm also working on USB audio.  It just doesn't work for me
and I'm getting a ton locking issues.  At the moment, I've merged most
of the netbsd uaudio stuff.  My question to you is, does uaudio work
in fbsd 5+ for you?

	--Mat
--
	In general, a standard is very useful, whether it's de facto
	or du jour.