lookupd 0.2a

Michael Bushkov bushman at rsu.ru
Sun May 30 02:07:20 PDT 2004

Good day!
We are glad to anounce a 0.2 version of LookupD implementation for
FreeBSD. It was released under BSD license.
Currently it has caching system and such modules as: files, dns and
ldap. Besides, our modules structure is quite similar to current
FreeBSD nsswitch modules structure, so it's quite easy to port existing
modules. So as our ldap module is a port of nss_ldap. And it uses the
same nss_ldap.conf file.

You can download it from here:
sources:
http://www.rsu.ru/~bushman/lookupd/downloads/0_2_a/lookupd-0.2a.tar.gz

port:
http://www.rsu.ru/~bushman/lookupd/downloads/0_2_a/lookupd.tar.gz

You can use lookupd by plugging it to the FreeBSD nsswitch system as a
module (copy nss_lookupd.so to you libraries folder). If you install
from port, it will be done automatically.

For more information see manual for lookupd(8).

We'll be very thankful for any help with testing and developing of this
project.

Michael Bushkov <bushman at rsu.ru>
Rostov State University