Animate the splash at boot

=?gb2312?q?Sharp=20Gao?= imgaolong at yahoo.com.cn
Sun May 23 21:27:22 PDT 2004

I have wanted to animate the splash , for example  let the daemon dance in joy when booting the box.

I first let the soft clock interrupt handler function  to be triggered  when the variable cold is still "1" at early boot time ; and then load some different bmp files using loader ; now I can show moving pictures at boot time at a certain interval without any twinkle and stop them using some sysctl after booted.

I am sure this could be accomplished ,  I wander whether there are any people having the same idea as mine , or if this is already on its way ?