Memory Leak

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sat May 22 13:14:01 PDT 2004

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 11:52:19AM -0700 I heard the voice of
Tim Kientzle, and lo! it spake thus:

> The one problem I've had is that dmalloc.h redefines some standard
> functions, which can cause gcc to complain.

I usually just have a flag in my Makefile to enable dmalloc (adding a
-D to the cc line to enable including the header file which is inside
#ifdef's, adding the linking of the library, etc), which turns off all
-W flags.  gcc's quiet about it then.

Personally, I find its insistence that free(NULL); is an error to be
far more irritating.  There's a config flag for it somewhere in the
compile process, though.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net