Grub and FreeBSD 4.9

db db at traceroute.dk
Wed May 19 04:41:48 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 12:43, you wrote:
> chainloader is your friend here I found as u correctly state it doesn't
> seem to support ffs drives even though the devs seem to say it does.

If I boot with the bootdisk I can loade FreeBSD (with the chainloader), but if
I'm using grub on the disk I get:

GRUB loading stage1.5.

GRUB loading, pelase wait...
Error 18

I've edited the menu.lst to make sure FreeBSD is loaded with the chainloader,
but I don't think that is the problem. Stage1.5 is not on the floppy, so
maybe it is having problems finding it? If yes, do I have to reinstall
FreeBSD and place /boot differently in order to make it work?

br
db