Accessing (the i4b) device driver

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Sat May 1 07:19:38 PDT 2004

Andrew Gordon wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Martin Moeller wrote:
> >
> > I'm totally new to FreeBSD programming, so please forgive my troll-like
> > question! I'd like to write a nifty little program showing if somebody is
> > calling me via an ISDN line. In the far future, the program should show the
> > caller's telephone number.

For (guessed) 5 years it's shown me Name of all(*) callers, not just number !
I use xterm, tail -f, grep, & the log file.
I added the number to name code years back, 'cos I can't remember numbers.
Try	man isdnd

(*) callers from analogue lines show as "not available"

BTW The correct list for deep isdn issues is not hackers@ but isdn@
(but this easy question might be happy on questions@ :-)

-
Julian Stacey.  Unix C & Net Services Consultant - Munich.  http://berklix.com
	Mail in Ascii text/plain:  Html + Mime dumped as Spam.
  Schnupftabak probieren:  Ihr Rauchen = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !
	VCF Europa 5.0 am 01./02. Mai 2004 in Muenchen http://www.vcfe.org/