Problem with usb in FreeBSD 4.8....help!!!

Toni Andjelkovic toni at soth.at
Sun Mar 28 15:51:47 PST 2004

On Sun, Mar 28 2004 (02:51:56 -0800), jitendra pande wrote:
> My application uses libusb for iinteracting with the usb devices...
> libusb on freeBSD 4.8 tries to find /debv/ugen0, /dev/ugen1 and so
> on....hence couldn't able to detect more then one device.
> FreeBSD 4.8 and FreeBSD 5.0

Note that the port version of libusb (0.1.7_1) ignores device endpoints
(/dev/ugenX.Y), so it may be necessary to find and open them by yourself.

Also note that opening the control endpoint (/dev/ugen0) instead
will prevent libusb from finding the device, because FreeBSD allows
the control endpoint to be open only once:

usb_os_find_devices: couldn't open device /dev/ugen0: Device busy

Also note that on 5.x (or -CURRENT) there are other problems to
watch out for:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/63375

Cheers,
Toni