usbd config file parse behaviour

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Sat Mar 27 16:25:49 PST 2004

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 04:55:56PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20040326074634.GG94505 at cicely12.cicely.de>
>             Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
> : I'm working on getting devd(8) usable for usb devices.
>
> The part I'm not sure about is where you add the pnpinfo to the
> devaddq stuff.  All that stuff should generally be in devaddq.  Why
> did you did it the way you did and what were you able to gain by it?

Fact is that we need more information then available for attach/detach
statements right now to replace usbd - especially the serial number of
a device was the part that I'm interested in.
What still puzzles me is why pnpinfo is currently only part in case of
unassigned new devices - it looks intentionaly to be left out for other
cases - therefor the current patch just adds it in the most simple way
to test the other part and was never intended as a commit candidate.
Do you think there could be problems with pnpinfo for other type of
devices (cardbus, pcmcia, acpi, ...)?

ticso at bwct.de                                  info at bwct.de