Diagnosing unrecognized hardware

Brian O'Shea b_oshea at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 13:42:48 PST 2004

Hello Warner, et al,

It looks like I need to add the following lines to
/usr/src/sys/dev/pccard/pccarddevs.h:

#define PCMCIA_PRODUCT_DLINK_DWL650     0xffffffff
#define PCMCIA_CIS_DLINK_DWL650         { "D-Link", \
                "DWL-650 Wireless PC Card RevP ISL37101P-10", NULL, NULL }
#define PCMCIA_STR_DLINK_DWL650         "D-Link DWL-650"

(I'm guessing on most of these fields based on entries for other cards)

And then to the wi_pccard_products[] array:

static const struct pccard_product wi_pccard_products[] = {
        PCMCIA_CARD(DLINK, DWL650, 0),
};

The CIS info for this device includes a product id, which is 0x7110.
Where does this need to be specified?  It seems to me that the product
id is necessary in order to identify the card.  Anyhow, I'm building a
kernel with the above additions and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all your help.  I'll let you know how it goes, and if it
works, I'll post a diff (from -CURRENT).

-brian